April 10, 2010

Questions

I’ve decided that we are very coddled in American schools. I can remember most of my teachers encouraging us to raise our hands if we have a question and to make sure we understand everything.

“There’s no such thing as a stupid question,” I was often told, “If you are wondering about something, chances are your fellow students are also confused, so make sure you raise your hand and ask questions!”

Teachers always encouraged us to participate and voice any problems we were having.

So you can imagine my surprise when during one English class, the head teacher became frustrated with the students and said, “Would you stop asking stupid questions!”

The kids didn’t even bat an eye. I guess there are stupid questions in this country.

1 comment:

  1. This one is really good. American teachers should take note. Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...